Itemlocke by James Schmurr
Itemlocke is a slightly harder version of the Nuzlocke Run invented by Nick Franco.
Standard Nuzlocke Rules
- You may only catch the first Pokémon encountered in each area (route, cave, etc.) If you fail to catch the Pokémon, that's it.
- If a Pokémon faints, it's considered dead and cannot be revived in any way. It must be released as soon as possible. If you black out or white out (depending on the game,) it's game over and you have to restart. You CANNOT continue with Pokémon from the box.
- You MUST nickname your Pokémon.
Itemlocke Added Rules
- You may have a limit of 5 Potions and Poké Balls of each type and 3 of each other item (except for Berries. Berries have no limit, HOWEVER, you may not equip them.)
- Any found or gifted items recieved at maximum capacity increase the limit. (e.g. If Joe has 3 Awakening and finds one, their new limit is 4.)
- You may not use TMs. HMs CAN be used (so as to make the game beatable.)
This is an example of a Ruby Itemlocke after defeating the Magma Grunt in Petalburg Woods.
After finding items in balls and hidden balls, the current limits are as follows: (listing obtained items only)
- Potion - 2/6
- Super Potion - 1/5
- Poké Ball - 6/7
- Great Ball - 3/5
- Antidote - 2/3
- Parlyz Heal - 3/4
- Awakening - 3/3
- Escape Rope - 1/3
- Protein - 1/3
- X Defend - 1/3
Good Luck, Trainer!